Spiritual Formation & Leadership (SFL) Weekend
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. (Acts 20:28)
OBJECTIVES OF SFL
The SFL Weekend is a strategic 3D2N intensive stay-in weekend of training in spiritual formation for leaders. The focus of the weekend is on the formation of the inner life of the leader in ministry.
The main aim of SFL is to equip leaders with the theology and practice of spiritual formation and leadership. We hope to nurture a holistic development of a spiritual leader who understands that the ultimate goal of the spiritual life is the love for God and for our neighbour.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
LCEC, Bible Study Leaders, Small Group Leaders, Ministry Leaders and all who are interested in spiritual formation of the leader.
FEATURES OF SFL
Each SFL will incorporate 3 basic disciplines of silence, solitude & scriptural meditation. Input or teaching sessions on issues related to formation, inner life and leadership make up the key themes of SFL. Retreatants will also get to meet with a Spiritual Companion for spiritual conversations to process their prayer & life experiences.
HOW WILL THIS BE RUN?
Our main purpose for running this at a regional/national level instead of at the local church is so that leaders from other churches can have the opportunity to connect with each other and share life together for a weekend. It is ICM's goal to nurture the connectional spirit which is the essence of Methodism and build a leadership community who can journey with one another. May we learn to encourage one another in ministry, share one another's burden and witness the work of God in the larger Church of the Lord Jesus Christ!
SFL Weekend 1
PERSONAL SPIRITUAL FORMATION
- The Challenges & Biblical Understanding of Spiritual Leadership
- Encountering God in Silence & Solitude
- Leading from Within
- Spiritual Rhythms in the Life of a Leader
SFL Weekend 2
PERSONAL LEADERSHIP STAGES & DEVELOPMENT
- Embracing Your Leadership Journey
- The Person and the Work of the Leader
- Challenges and Traps of a Leader
- The Call to Shepherding: The Wounded Healer
SFL Weekend 3
DISCERNMENT - THE HEART OF SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP
- Discernment: Recognizing & Responding to the Voice of God
- Constructing a Discerning Life
- The Discernment Process for Decision Making
- The Role of Community if Discernment
SFL Weekend 4
COMMUNAL DISCERNMENT & LEADING TOGETHER
- The Church as a Spiritual Community
- Discerning God's Will Together: A Process for Corporate Discernment
- Practicum on Communal Discernment
- Prerequisites for Communal Discernment
SCHEDULING OF SFLEach season of SFL lasts 2 years :
Year 1 (2019) - SFL 1 & SFL 2
Year 2 (2020) - SFL 3 & SFL 4
SFL 1: Personal Spiritual Formation
March 15 - 17, 2019
Chefoo Methodist Centre, Camerons
SFL 2: Personal Leadership Stages & Development
Sept 27 - 29, 2019
Port Dickson Methodist Centre
SFL 3: Discernment as the Heart of Spiritual Leadership
March 13 - 15, 2020
PD Methodist Church
SFL 4: Communal Discernment & Leading Together
Sept 26 - 28, 2020
PD Methodist Church
- A current or potential leader of a TRAC local church
- Has a desire to grow and somewhat ready for God to ‘strengthen the soul of your leadership’
- Able to commit to both the SFL1 & SFL2 dates and has intention to complete the 2-year process of formation
- Able to attend the SFL as a local leadership team of 4 to enhance learning and practice, and begin journeying together as a small leadership community during the two years. (If you are interested in the program but are not able to meet the criteria above, please contact us so that we can discern with you further.)
There will be a team of facilitators comprising of pastors, leaders and spiritual directors/companions who are themselves on a journey of learning to love God, His Church and His people. The selection of the team will depend on availability and relevance of theme to their areas of inclinations, training and passion.
Completion of all 4 modules of SFL is equivalent to one unit of elective for LPL. A certificate of completion will be given.
RETREAT CONTRIBUTION PER PERSON
(incl. lodging, food, materials & honorarium to facilitators) - RM350 - RM400 Per Person
SIGNING UP FOR SFL WEEKEND
If you are new to SFL, please register online. If you are an SFL Alumni, please email email@example.com directly to reserve a place.
FOR FURTHER ENQUIRIES
Contact: ICM at 03-7954 2836
SIGNING UP FOR SFL WEEKEND Online - SIGN-UP NOW