|Application Form - The Journey 2018 (35.5KB) Download Registration or Online Sign-Up
THE JOURNEY . . .Begins July 19th and ends on Oct 4th, 2018
- on Thursday evenings, 7.30 – 10 pm
- at TRAC Headquarters, No.2, Jalan 5/39, 46000 Petaling Jaya
IF YOU ARE . . .
- seeking to pursue an intentional inner heart transformation
- looking for a deeper journey of the heart in your discipleship process
- desiring greater understanding and practice of spiritual growth in cooperation with the Holy Spirit
- yearning for a safe community to interact with and to process your soulwork (Soulwork includes a guided interaction with the Holy Spirit through disciplines of lectures, prayer projects, reading, group spiritual direction, one-on-one spiritual direction and personal retreat)
AND YOU CAN (Between July 19th - Oct 4th, 2018)
- invest personal time of 1-2 hours a week for prayer projects
- meet with ‘The Journey’ group on Thursdays, 7.45 – 10 pm at Petaling Jaya (7 times total)
- set aside one weekend away (4D3N) for a personal individually-directed silent retreat
AS WELL AS UNDERSTAND THAT WE . . .
- are sojourners on the journey ourselves
- have limited spiritual guides therefore can only take limited participants
- need to prayerfully discern with you and your mentors your readiness for this so that your personal and the group dynamics are mutually benefiting, therefore filling up a simple application form will help us in the selection and placement process
THEN . . . ’THE JOURNEY’ MAY BE FOR YOU!
If this speaks of your journey - where you are currently, what you desire and that you understand where we come from, THE JOURNEY is for you indeed!
All Application Forms Should Reach TRAC before 30th April 2018. For More Information, please contact:
|Ng Wai Ling
Institute for Christian Ministry (ICM)
Trinity Annual Conference (TRAC)
No. 2, Jalan 5/39
46000 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 03-7954 2836 (O)
All Application Forms Should Reach TRAC by 30th April 2018
You can email the attachment to email@example.com
- To equip maturing Christian leaders with the theology and practice of spiritual growth. To help understand the role of the Holy Spirit in spiritual formation
- To help ministry leaders recognize and cooperate with God's formation work in their lives
- To model a way of journeying with others as part of the mentoring process
Audio Lecture Series by Dr John Coe, Director of the Institute for Spiritual Formation, Talbot School of Theology
Session 1: Resisting the Temptation of Moral Formation - Moving from Moral to Spiritual Formation
Session 2: Why We Sin When We Know So Much - Healing the Hidden Heart by the Spirit
Session 3: Drawing Near to God When God Seems Far Away - Practicing the Presence of God despite Feelings
Session 4: Going on With God in Dark Nights - Maturing the Saints by Spiritual Hunger and Love
Session 5: How To Put On Christ - Doing Spiritual Disciplines from the Heart in the Spirit
- Ministry Leaders and/or those who desire an intentional but deeper journey in their walk with the Lord
- Those who are ready for a journey into their own hearts and possibly into the hearts of others – a sense of preparedness for the work of inner transformation of the heart through the Holy Spirit
- Those at a station of life where they are able to invest time and commitment to a deeper journey
Number of Particpants
Groups of 6 (maximum 4 groups); Total - 24 participants.
- Listening as a small community to Dr John Coe’s lectures on spiritual formation - 10 audio CD’s (2 CD’s each session) with reading notes provided
- Attending discussion sessions
- Meeting in small groups (Group Spiritual Direction) to journey with each other
- Personal Time of Doing Prayer projects – about an hour, at least twice a week
- Keeping a Journal for your reflections of the prayer projects
- Going on a personal retreat of silence & solitude for one weekend away (more information and preparation will be given and discussion with spiritual guide/director prior going)
- Meeting a Spiritual Guide/Director one-on-one on a monthly basis to process time of prayer and journey
Format of Meeting Sessions
A typical session will look like this:
7.30 – 8.30 pm Debriefing and Discussing Audio Lecture
8.30 – 9.45 pm Practicing the discipline of silence & prayer as a group & sharing your journey and listening to God for each other
9.45 – 10.00 pm Debrief and reflection on group process
Contribution Per Person
We request a contribution of RM300 per person (covers expenses related to training program incl. a full set of Audio CD’s, Notes, Refreshments/Snacks, a graduation dinner and other operational cost).
Conference Room, Trinity Annual Conference (TRAC) of Methodist Church in Malaysia
No. 2, Jalan 5/39, 46000 Petaling Jaya (along the same road where EPF Building and PJ Trinity MC are)
The Schedule for 2018 (Thursday evenings from 7.30 – 10 pm) :
A Group Silent Retreat (4D3N) will be held from August 10-13, 2018 at Methodist Centre, Fraser's Hill.
The ‘real’ journey will take place as participants carve out their weekly schedules to meet with God through prayer projects and assignments. It is anticipated that the participants will invest 3 hours a week. Participants will turn in a simple one-page journal reflection of their prayer projects for purpose of accountability as well as spiritual direction (through a written response by the Spiritual Director).
Selection of Participants
Due to the nature of the group processes which require a high commitment and readiness for a deeper journey as well as the limited number of spiritual guides/directors, we are only able to take in up to 24 participants. Therefore, we will require all those interested to fill in an application form so that your leaders/pastors and the team of spiritual guides/directors can prayerfully discern with you of your readiness for this journey at this stage in your life.
Who are the Spiritual Guides/Directors involved in this program?
Ms Lim Siew Lan
Siew Lan is grateful to God and mentors who have been helping her learn to attend to the inner life. She desires to facilitate and encourage others to become more intimate and whole in their journey in Christ. She graduated with a Master in Christian Studies from STM in 2006 and is also trained in spiritual companionship by Maranatha Retreat ministry. She currently serves in the Equipping Department in a Methodist church, teaches spiritual formation and leads spiritual formation groups. Her hobbies include music and sports.
Ms Ng Wai Ling
Wai Ling desires to help others make sense of their spiritual journey by becoming who they truly are in Christ. Her heart is in the areas of integrating discipleship, psychology and prayer as part of spiritual formation and life in Christ. Wai Ling’s initial training and vocational experiences include social work, counseling and education. She graduated with an MA in Spiritual Formation & Soulcare from Talbot School of Theology in California. She is the Director of the Institute for Christian Ministry (ICM) of Trinity Annual Conference (TRAC) of the Methodist Church in Malaysia.
Tang Swee Kit
Swee Kit is passionate about her calling to help people grow and deepen their relationship with God. Her involvement in student ministry and the desire to understand the process of spiritual transformation led her to Talbot School of Theology where she completed her MA in Spiritual Formation & Soul Care, and received her training as a spiritual director. Besides journeying alongside others in their spiritual journey, she enjoys taking walks, nature and photography.
What the past Journey participants have to say.....
"The Journey taught me to be honest with God and with myself. It has taught me discipline and to wait upon Him. It has also taught me to ask Him questions and He will answer me..."
"It is becoming easier for me, more and more, to be able to meditate and listen to God when i read the Scriptures. It has opened my mind and renewed my strength..."
"At first it was difficult to sit still and contemplate but after the second month, it became easier. It helped me to be more disciplined and able to explore the depths of my experience with God.."
"The Journey enables us to re-evaluate our lives."
Application Form - The Journey 2018 (35.5KB) Download Registration or Online Sign-Up