||LPL Intensive Weekend on UNDERSTANDING THE NEW TESTAMENT
|| Wesley Methodist Church, Setiawan
New Testament (25th - 26th July 2020)
Outline of LPL Module on Understanding the New Testament
The Intensive Study Weekend Module is intended to provide an introduction to:
- The context of the New Testament: the historical and the socio-religious background of the New Testament (the Context of the NT);
- The text of the new Testament; and
- The basic principles of interpreting the New Testament texts.
It is assumed that students are conversant with the content of all the New Testament books (and have read through the New Testament more than one time).
It is expected that students will study the three basic textbooks listed below, preferably before attending the course.
The passing of the module is based on course attendance and the submission of (a) book reviews and (b) a paper of about 2,000 words.
- David Wenham and Steve Walton, Exploring the New Testament (Volume 1): The Gospel and Acts
- Howard Marshall, Stephen Travis and Ian Paul, Exploring the New Testament (Volume 2): The Letters and Revelation
- Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth (only the Chapters on interpreting the NT, viz. 1,,2,3,4,6,7,8, & 13)
To register please contact Mr Abel How at 010-463 5976 and email your registration to email@example.com.
25th - 26th July 2020
Wesley Methodist Church, Setiawan
Rev Yong Wai Yin