||LPL Module - Old Testament
||Wesley Methodist Church, Sitiawan
|| Mr Abel How at 010-463 5976
LPL Module - Old Testament
Outline of LPL Module
The Intensive Study Weekend Module is intended to provide :
- a survey and introduction to the 39 books in the Old Testament
- understanding the context of the Old Testament, i.e. its historical, cultural and the socio-religious background.
- Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth
(Compulsory pre-reading for the course, except for NT Chapters 3,4,6,7,8,13)
- J. Drane, Introducing the Old Testament (Oxford: Lynx, 1987)
- W. Dumbrell, The Faith of Israel (London: Apollos, 1989).
- Tremper Longman III and Raymond B. Dillard, Understanding the Old Testament (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2006, 2nd ed)
- William Sanford Lasor, David Allan Hubbard, Frederic William Bush, Old Testament Survey: The Message, Form, and Background of the Old Testament 2nd Edition
- Bruce K. Waltke and Charles Yu, An Old Testament Theology: An Exegetical, Canonical, and Thematic Approach
*LPL Course 2019 for credits and audits*
_Old Testament_ (Compulsory Module)
To register please contact Mr Abel How at 010-463 5976 and email your registration to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost RM25 only for 3 teas and one lunch.
13-14 July 2019
Wesley Methodist Church, Sitiawan
Rev Joshua Khong